Monday, February 23, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLE!

We had a fantastic birthday party for our sweet little daughter. We had so much fun with Grandparents, Great Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and cousins. We had a delicious cake and great presents from our very generous family! Elle will be stylin in all of her new clothes! We love Elle so much, she is such a sweet baby and is learning and growing so quickly. We are grateful for her sweet little spirit she has brought to our family. She is truly our little miracle!




Look at Elle's finger. She is showing that she is one!

She hasn't quite figured out blowing out the candle, she just wanted to grab it!!














The beginning of the week: Working on Elle's cake.... rolling out the fondant ...It turned out to be a little more work than I thought it would be, but I actually enjoyed it and will probably do it again!!

Here is what Elle did while I was working on her cake...


Spence even helped with the cake...His job: shaping all the flowers!

14 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

OH WOW! Elle is so adorable and I especially LOVE the picture when she is holding up her 1 little finger. How cute! I am so impressed with the cake! It is gorgeous! I would love to know how you make the cake fondant for the ribbon and flowers! It is awesonme!!!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Elle!! I can't believe it's been a year. She is so cute and it looks like she enjoyed her party. I am super impressed with your cake, I have never imagined doing fondant, it just sounds too hard. Yours, of course, is perfect, but who would have expected otherwise.

*Leslie* said...

Happy Birthday Elle! Your cake is awesome, I wouldn't even attempt that - it looks professional!

Lindsey said...

Way to go on the cake!!! It looks beautiful! I am glad you guys got to have a fun party!!

Heather said...

Good job on that fancy cake! You could go into business! That cake would be a little daunting for me, so Rowan will get a cupcake on his first birthday! :0) Your house looks very lovely. And tell my aunt Lorie she looks lovely too!

Emily said...

I cannot believe you made that cake, you are so talented! I was going to ask you where you bought it and then I saw that you made it!! Impressed!

blonderunner said...

It's been a year - no way! What a cutie you have Michelle. I am so excited you have a cute little Elle...aren't girls fun? Great cake too! You are a woman with many talents... you go girl.

Suzie said...

Happy Birthday! Has it really been a year??!!? Thanks for the invite!

Doug, Kalee, Jonah, Nora, and Gavin said...

Holy canoli...you are super woman!

Anonymous said...

it tasted as good as it looked. Everybody loved it!
Mom

The Beckstroms said...

I am way impressed that you made the cake. When I saw the picture, at first I thought, 'I wonder where she got that'...way to go! You should have seen the cake I made for Caroline's I had to laugh at it or I would have cried, it was so bad!
Also, Happy Birthday to you in a couple of days!!!!

Stefanie said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog. I loved seeing the birthday festivities :) What a beautiful cake. Seriously. Where did you get that? I can't believe how quickly little Elle has grown up!

charpack said...

Hey! We miss you guys! The pictures are so cute and Elle is growing-up so fast. I can't believe that she is walking. Braden just learned to walk.

The Reading Armadillo said...

Wow! That cake is amazing. Elle is so cute and I absolutely love her bow.